- Bachelor of Science/Accounting, Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- A.A., Liberal Arts, Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- MN Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
In the time since Nick Swedberg joined Boyum Barenscheer in 2008, he has become a firm leader in client service. His tax planning and preparation work along with CFO services for clients led him to play a large part in the firm’s business advisory services department. Being a sought-after Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor brings added value to the services he provides when working with small businesses to streamline their accounting processes. Clients reach out to Nick for his patient assistance and support when needed. A significant portion of Nick’s client service work is in the restaurant and brewery industries.
Nick enjoys downhill skiing, camping, tennis and improving his status as an amateur handyman. He loves to cook and says he would have been a chef if the hours weren’t so awful – we may still see him on “Chopped” one day! A beer aficionado, Nick is proud of his growing growler collection – thirty-six and counting. Nick and his wife, Stephanie, live in Burnsville with their twin boys and daughter.