In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise; BB values a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate.
Trust – Collaboration – Determination – Insight – Curiosity
BB also values a core set of principles which all employees must demonstrate. The following are the professional requirements necessary in order to be effective and prosper in your role at BB:
Business Acumen · Flexibility/Adapting to Change · Living our Values · Critical Thinking & Judgment · Results Orientation · Interpersonal Effectiveness · Continuous Learning · Building Collaboration · Creating Alignment · Developing our People · Innovation and Risk-Taking · Planning and Organizing
The primary responsibility for a firm’s practice rests with the partners, and the assignment of managers to engagements enables partners to serve a larger number of clients effectively. Managers must have a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and be conversant with its reports, its letters relating to matters of policy and its opinions on financial matters (and firm capabilities and services). Managers must maintain and develop expertise in the profession. To make broad decisions in the course of their work, managers must have knowledge of the general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
Managers are the liaison between the partner, the client and the professional staff, and are generally responsible for all phases of an engagement.
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule BAS engagements with clients and firm resources
- Lead and manage BAS engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Assist with and manage IRS/state/DOL payroll and sales tax audits.
- Serve as the main accounting point of contact within our firm for clients.
- Responsible for client receiving proactive communication and timely service
- Perform detailed reviews of accounting workpapers
- Review sales and use tax, payroll and small business income tax returns and other requested deliverables
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
- Develop and attain a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Maintain technical expertise in various tax areas related to industry specialization
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex payroll and sales tax matters
- Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects.
- Create internal CPE training
- Developing expertise in an area of specialty application
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Active CPA certification required
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Proficiency with in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and QuickBooks
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes
- Requires at least six (6) years of public accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Extensive computer use and use of keyboard and mouse
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Send cover letter and resume to: