- B.S., Accounting and Finance, MN State University – Mankato
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- MN Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Director, White Bear Lake Chamber of Commerce 2010-2016
- Treasurer, White Bear Lake Area Educational Foundation
Boyum Barenscheer’s “Face of White Bear Lake” is Dave Potts. With BB for 12 years, he brings our clients nearly 35 years of public accounting experience. Dave’s main focus is on tax and accounting needs for emerging businesses, but he also works with individuals and non-profit organizations. Living in the White Bear area for many years, the majority of his B&B time is spent ‘up north’. He prefers to service clients at their location, claiming “this is where the work gets done”.
Dave spends a considerable amount of his spare time fundraising for the MS Society and the American Cancer Society. He is also very active with the White Bear Lake Area Educational Foundation and in his church. This Worthington native enjoys family time, cycling, golfing, and bird hunting while maintaining he is “undefeated but not winless in triathlons”.