BB is looking for a Tax Staff Accountant to organize and coordinate client tax data on both business and personal tax returns and related planning for a wide variety of clients. This position also involves frequent collaboration with other departments and associates.
In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise, BB values a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate: Trust – Collaboration – Determination – Insight – Curiosity
BB also values a core set of principles which all employees must demonstrate. The following are the professional requirements necessary in order to be effective and prosper in your role at BB:
Business Acumen · Flexibility/Adapting to Change · Living our Values · Critical Thinking & Judgment · Results Orientation · Interpersonal Effectiveness · Continuous Learning
Organizes and coordinates clients’ tax data for the accurate, timely completion of individual tax returns and simple to moderately complex corporate, partnership, S-Corp, and trust tax returns. Tax Staff are generally responsible for participating in most phases of an engagement. This individual will work on both business and personal tax returns and related planning for a wide variety of clients. This position also involves frequent collaboration with other departments and associates.
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
* Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
* Prepare client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests in a clear, concise, and professional manner
* Prepare individual, business, and fiduciary tax returns and projections in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
* Research, read, and follow form’s instructions
* Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items or other important matters in a timely manner
* Be aware and mindful of prescribed budgets and deadlines
* Recognize potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leader
* Gain proficiency in application of accounting principles (i.e. trial balance)
Qualifications and Education
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
* 0-2 years of experience in public accounting
* Qualified to sit for CPA exam
* Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
* Proficient in Microsoft Office; with an emphasis on Excel, and QuickBooks
* Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and income taxes
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
* Required to sit for long periods of time
* Extensive computer use and use of keyboard and mouse
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Send cover letter and resume to: