In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise, BB values a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate.
BB also values a core set of principles which all employees must demonstrate. The following are the professions requirements necessary in order to be effective and prosper in your role at BB:
Business Acumen · Flexibility/Adapting to Change · Living our Values · Critical Thinking & Judgment · Results Orientation · Interpersonal Effectiveness · Continuous Learning · Building Collaboration · Creating Alignment
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position.
Organizes and coordinates clients’ tax data for the accurate, timely completion of individual tax returns and simple to moderately complex corporate, partnership, S-corp, and trust tax returns. Tax Seniors are generally responsible for participating in all phases of an engagement. This individual will work on both business and personal tax returns and related planning for a wide variety of clients. This position also involves conducting tax research and requires frequent collaboration with other departments and associates to help build deep client relationships.
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
- Master Staff Accountant responsibilities
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items or other important matters in a timely manner
- Be aware and mindful of prescribed budgets and deadlines
- Perform a limited number of tax return interviews as needed
- Provide technical assistance to clients
- Participate in core CPE programs
- Experience researching international tax law, preparing international tax returns and completing tax forms, and meeting with clients as needed
- Proficient in a country’s business laws, able to analyze the currency exchange rates and alterations involved in the business
- Familiar with the various attributes of the countries with which the firm in doing business
- Prepare payroll, sales tax, and property tax reports in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
- Train and mentor staff on simple accounting and tax returns
- Prepare deferred tax calculations
- Create trial balance from “shoebox” client, reconcile and tie out balance sheet and key income statement account
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounting or tax preparation
- Active CPA certification preferred
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; with an emphasis on Excel, and Quickbooks
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Extensive computer use and use of keyboard and mouse
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Send cover letter and resume to: