Boyum Barenscheer is a Top 20 Twin Cities Accounting firm who love what we do – from tax and audit services to business advisory and outsourced accounting services. Located at five offices across the Twin Cities, we’re a group of individuals who genuinely care about our clients and each other. Our team is awesome and our clients are exceptional.
A lot of exciting things are happening at Boyum Barenscheer and we’re looking for a Sr. Accountant to join our Non-Profit team!
Non-Profit Sr. Accountant Summary
Sr. Accountants are the liaison between the partner or manager, the client and the professional staff, and are generally responsible for all phases of an engagement.
Non-Profit Sr. Accountant Responsibilities
- Mastery of Staff Accountant responsibilities
- Lead audits, reviews, compilations and agreed upon service engagements
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the business year
- Prepares the engagement letter and any subsequent modifications for approval by a partner, answers any questions the client may have, and sees that the engagement letter is signed by the client and returned before the start of the engagement
- Prepare or review internal controls and work programs
- Develops work plan and follows the progress of the work during an engagement
- Keeps the partner or manager informed of all important developments in the work
- Prepares and/or reviews the financial report
- Follows reports through processing, submits the reports to the partner/manager for final approval and signature, and supervises the distribution according to the client’s instructions
- Supervises the preparation of management letters and collaborates on tax matters
- Completes staff performance evaluations after each engagement
- Assists in recruiting new staff, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional staff development programs
- Should make associations and be willing to develop a network
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends, and, of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners and managers
- Developing expertise in an area of specialty application
Non-Profit Sr. Accountant Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrates a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year
- Active CPA certification preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Proficiency in use of computers, computer accounting software, and tax software programs
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be available to seasonally work Saturdays.
Boyum Barenscheer, PLLP, with multiple offices in the Twin Cities, offers a fun, business casual environment, competitive pay and benefits including 401(k) with matching contribution, employer paid health insurance (full-time only), Paid Time Off and much more!
Send cover letter and resume to: