Boyum Barenscheer is a Top 15 Twin Cities Accounting firm who love what we do – from tax and audit services to business advisory and outsourced accounting services. Located at three offices across the Twin Cities, we’re a group of individuals who genuinely care about our clients and each other. Our team is awesome and our clients are exceptional.
BB’s internship program is a terrific opportunity to discover the exciting (yes, exciting) world of public accounting. Our internship program is a full-time position and approximately three months in length, from January to April. During your experience here at BB, whether it is in Audit or Tax, you will have an assigned buddy to help you navigate everything from finding office supplies to discovering answers to your most complex questions. You will have hands-on experience with a variety of projects including client interactions, all to provide you with a well-rounded and fulfilling internship experience.
In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise, BB values a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate:
Trust – Collaboration – Determination – Insight – Curiosity
Tax/Audit Intern responsibilities may include:
- Prepare individual and small business tax returns to meet government requirements and deadlines and client expectations
- Prepare payroll tax returns to ensure compliance
- Respond orally and in writing to various tax inquiries from internal staff
- Maintain working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position and client expectations
- Develop an understanding of audit processes, perform analytical reviews and audit procedures, review client accounting and gain an understanding of our client’s internal controls
- Execute reviewed and compiled financial statements.
- Assist with or prepare financial statements and other related reports
Tax/Audit Intern Qualifications:
- Current or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in public accounting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
Send your contact information and resume to: