Boyum Barenscheer is seeking a Human Resources Generalist.
In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise; BB values a core set of values in which all employees must demonstrate.
Business Acumen · Flexibility/Adapting to Change · Living our Values · Critical Thinking & Judgment · Results Orientation · Interpersonal Effectiveness · Continuous Learning
The Human Resources Generalist is a staff member performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Firm Administrator and Controller. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
- Assists with the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt staff and Interns, write and place advertisements; assist with campus and student conference recruitment, prepare offer letters, conduct background checks
- Creates and maintains employee personnel files
- Manages annual recruitment statistics report
- Conduct new-employee orientation
- Manages and tracks performance review forms for all staff
- Assist with the effective administration and maintenance of firm facilities
- Assist with the selection, purchase and coordination office furniture and accessories
- Serve as liaison with building maintenance contractors, responsible for physical operation of the facility
Assists the Firm Administrator/HR Director and/or Controller with various research projects and/or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of B&B and be driven by the firm vision. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) years human resource experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in Recruiting
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Knowledge of employment-related laws (FMLA, FLSA, etc)
- Work with client confidential information and ability to keep information confidential
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work assignments
- Excellent customer service mindset
- Excellent written, proofreading, problem solving, and oral communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, stoop
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15-20 pounds
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Send cover letter and resume to: