Boyum Barenscheer is seeking a Controller. The Controller will meet at a minimum BB team member professional requirements. Additionally, oversees the internal Finance/Accounting departments to ensure the enterprise is operating effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the best industry practices. The Controller is a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience in managing the finances of an organization and making recommendations and decisions based on them. The primary objective of this position is to oversee and manage all of the firm’s financial operations, while delivering cost-effective results designed to make the firm vision a reality.
In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise; BB values a core set of principles which all employees must demonstrate.
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
- Plans, directs and controls day-to-day financial and administrative management of the business including all accounting functions, A/P, A/R, tax reporting, payroll administration, 5500 filing, Account Reconciliation reporting, as well as overall responsibility for Accounting Department administrative operations. Responsible for the Partner income Allocation.
- Manages and maintains the firm’s business insurance.
- Maintains master client list. Issues new client reports and assimilates new clients into the firm Practice Management system. Revises the firm’s records as appropriate to reflect clients gained and lost. Reports status to partners on a regular basis.
- Manages Practice Management System (time and billing); monitors timely preparation of billings; manages the collection of overdue accounts.
- Assists and leads management of vendor relationships with Accounting and Banking, and leverages experience to manage cash flow, line of credit, and other debt.
- Responsible for the macro financial analysis of the business and the timely dissemination of tactical information managers and executives can use to manage effectively.
- Assists with development and execution of operating plans and budgets to support strategic direction set by the Partners; submit annual plans and monthly progress reports to the Partnership group for review. Prepares Financial Statements.
- Assists with setting and monitoring measurable financial performance criteria for departments and individuals as directed.
- Prepares and completes the firm’s annual tax returns.
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum – seven years of progressing accounting experience including: budget management, financial reporting, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable; CPA designation preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience and knowledge of optimizing accounting software systems a plus.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Ability to effectively interpret critical financial data and communicate that to key leaders in the organization; ability to make decisions and/or recommendations based on financial information.
- High degree of technical accounting/finance knowledge supplemented with a sophisticated level of “soft” skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of professionals.
- Experienced and dynamic leader with a proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize work, while maintaining an objective and visionary focus on the long-term plans of the enterprise.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Extensive computer use and use of keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally required to life and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Send cover letter and resume to: