The Accounting Associate is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of our BB clients are accurate. The Senior Accounting Associate also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties.
In addition to possessing a strong technical expertise, BB values a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate:
Trust – Collaboration – Determination – Insight – Curiosity
BB also values a core set of principles which all employees must demonstrate. The following are the professional requirements necessary in order to be effective and prosper in your role at BB:
Business Acumen · Flexibility/Adapting to Change · Living our Values · Critical Thinking & Judgment · Results Orientation · Interpersonal Effectiveness · Continuous Learning
Considering the above general accountabilities in greater detail, below is a list of specific tasks that fall within the responsibility of this position:
- Enter data into client software and reconcile bank, debit and credit card statements on a monthly basis
- Perform scheduled computations of prepaid expenses, accruals, interest, and enter depreciation expense
- Use the firm’s software programs to automate the process of data entry and adjusting entries. This may include using technology to link client’s software with the firm’s
- Effectively communicate with the clients to receive information necessary to complete an engagement with minimum disruption to the client
- Prepare client financial statements
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client and firm business
- Create a checklist of tasks and duties for each client
- Ability to manage projects communicating progress, meeting deadlines and goals, and following through on initiatives.
Qualifications & Education
- Two-year accounting degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of four years’ experience with QuickBooks preferred
- QuickBooks Pro Certified preferred
- Work Saturdays as necessary during seasonal needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 20 hours continuing education annually
- Proficiency with computer, spreadsheet software program and calculator
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, payroll and sales tax
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of various accounting software programs
- Some local travel is required. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Extensive computer use and use of keyboard and mouse
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
$500 signing bonus!
This description covers the primary purpose and principle duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Send cover letter and resume to: